Thursday, May 19, 2011

Midway in the spring

I was tired of the gloom and rain so I decided to take a ride up the canyon to Midway and check up on some of my caches (and find a few) and visit the State Parks Campground where I will be staying during the State AM at Soldier Hollow in July. I wanted to make sure my trailer would fit in the spot I had selected. The farther I went up the canyon the more the clouds separated and blue sky was visible. It was beautiful to see all the green hills, snow capped peaks and NO rain.

I checked on a few of my caches and then to the State Park campground. My spot may be a tight fit but I should be able to back the trailer in. I'm glad I took a book to read today and stopped by one of the park areas next to Deer Creek and read and watched birds building a nest. Nothing like picking up yours spirits on a beautiful spring day.

As I rode back down the canyon, the gloom returned (and the rain) but at least I was able to escape it for an afternoon. I may have to do that again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment